Thursday, July 23, 2009

YEAR LONG MENIA ...! STARTS :D

PART 1.

If u didnt read the PROMO , then please read it first before reading this.. follow the link . thanks.

http://rodofwisdom.blogspot.com/2009/05/once-upon-time.html .. sorry but i find it necesarry :P .

It was sumtime in april 2007..i was in 12th .. Shwetabh calls me in the evening, "abe *Airforce* ke forms nikle hue hain, tu bhi bhar de". Me, "kaha se laun form, last deta kab hai".. shwet "abe saale kal hai last date, stationary se mil jaega form".


So i get a form for 20Rs. ,fill it, and land at shwet's place at 8 am the next day. coz his brother was going to submit his form , so i gave him mine aswell..

Then things became quite forgetable as we continued with our JEE preparation. One of my friend Jatin was really enthusiastic about the thing, so when we went to buy some books for JEE he adviced me to buy a book to practice for *Airforce* exam aswell. So we two got a book on NDA NA II (this we discovered the name of the exam was :P ) preparation and realised that the course was almost everything n all the subjects u studied till 12 :O !! i feared History , so read a bit of it from the book. And took some general idea of hw it ws gonna be.


And in August we receive our admit cards to sit for the written test. Since me and Shwet filled the forms together , so we had our centres in the same area. The exam was at 10 and the centre at some 1 hr distance from our home. It was raining that day.. So we left at 7:30 am from our home on my bike.... I didnt had the bike papers and no licence :P ..still . At 80 kmph.. we 2 driving on the cleanest of roads in Delhi enjoyed the trip to the fullest :D ..


Then came the Exam time.. First was general.. as in it covered every subject except maths. There were only few questions from history :D but preparation helped little :( .. Rest was good.. I "TRIED" english at the end which was at the starting of question paper :P .. But alas , my answer sheet went blank in the questions for english.. *it teased me*!!! so i made a random pattern on the answer booklet :D .. ( their was -ve marking ofcourse :D ) ..


Maths went pretty easy.. i couldnt do some questions coz i didnt knew the concepts. But later , when i was taught about them , i discovered the questions were really easy!!
And then again, we 2 were racing back home :D . .

Things became forgetable again.. Suddenly in december we heard that results for the exams were out on UPSC website .. We all four freinds cleared it.. Me, shwet, Jatin and Sahil.

Jatin received a letter to report at Dehradun 1-AFSB .. We all started preparing that we will go to dehradun for 7 days :D .. what all "books" to carry, what train, who carries what etc etc..

But then i received a letter that i needed to report at Mysore 2- AFSB in January end for my **SSB**!! So its decided we friends were not going together :( .. And then i shakily asked my dad for the permission to go and said that i just wanted to try.. He said , " Agar ye bhi clear ho gaya to?? pehle hi soch ke chal na! aage kya, agar ye bhi pass kia to? ! " But after it, my dad was planning the trip for me.. consulting his business fraternity for the contacts in Bangalore and Mysore.. I was made to talk to different ppl to take guidance on what to do for the seven day tests to follow :/ . a few guided to join some coaching..But i cudnt or rather avoided.. My "ristedaar MAJOR bhaiya"( from some sort :D ) asked me to get a book on SSB and get a feel of what SSB is all about..
I did the same...

The trip was planned .. I was gonna fly to Bangalore on Deccan Airways at 5 in the morning on 27 jan 08.. My Parents and my elder sister came to see off me at the Airport.. I checked in and boarded the flight.. Since i had to wake up early that morning , so the regular routine didnt follow and hence i discovered how awesome was the toilet tooo in an "aeroplane" :D :D .. Delhi looked beautiful from the top :) .. Some climate changes outside at 10000 ft. caused some restlesness in my stomach and i cursed the Deccan :P .. Thn i reached the Bangalore airport safely and with ample time and hunger , i opened the food packet prepared by maa and filled the belly. Then a cab to the railway station from where i boarded a BUS to Mysore :P ( railway and bus station at bangalore are adjoining :D )



And so i finally reached the destination for the day i.e. Mysore railway station.................... :)


P.S. The Interesting thing here to note is that i still dont have the slightest of ideas on what NDA is all about, not even the full form :P .. I just believed that after clearing the tests , i was gonna be in Air Force :D

2 comments:

  1. wel i must tel u wht i flt aftr u came bck 4m ssb......it seemed 2 me dat u lost ur focus on jee

    ReplyDelete
  2. the next part will be releasing soon.. chk whether u were right or wrong :D

    ReplyDelete